Tuesday 26 February 2013

Dragon Cookies




My favourite Chinese New Year Dragon cookies....melt in mouth not on hand with milky taste. Every year when coming to  new year this cookies will be the first choice.  But we can't get it here at all, then I need to make it myself. At first I'm always think is hard to make it but when you just thinking to have it, I will try. This is my second attempt, the first attempt  is fail. I will try as many times to make it perfect. 

Adapted from:  che-cheh.com
(minor changes by monsterandsharkkitchen)

170 gm Planta margarine(I'm using the Stork butter)
70 gm icing sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
300 gm cornflour (sifted)
80 gm milk powder (sifted)
60 gm plain flour (sifted)
some water if too dry

Method:
  1. Beat Planta margarine or butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add yolks one by one, beating well after each. Add in , vanilla essence and mix well.
  3. Then slowly stir in cornflour, milk powder and plain flour. Mix well.
  4. Fill batter into piping mold and press out ‘S’ patterns on baking tray with baking sheet.(I'm using star nozzle number:22). Dot the eyes red.
  5. Bake at 140(fan) for 10 to 15 minutes.(depend the oven) DO NOT bake till brown. These cookies are supposed to be white or yellowish.
  6. Leave to cool on wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Notes from che-cheh:

Seal the batter with a wet cloth when you’re busy piping out the patterns as the batter will harden up due to the cornflour.
If the batter does harden up add a little bit of water. Plus I find that after adding a little bit of water, the cookies taste much nicer (more loose) plus your hands won’t be so tired





No comments:

Post a Comment